sharepoint 2007

Sep 15, 2010 at 1:16 PM
Edited Sep 15, 2010 at 1:33 PM

We switched from Sharepoint 2010 to Sharepoint 2007 for a few compatibility reasons, and maybe I'm just being stupid, but I can't figure out how to use the home drive.. I have the solution installed and deployed. now what? What do I click, and where, so that I can add the home drive to, say, the document center..

I should also mention that I've tried adding it as a web part, and if I browse, or search, I can't find it listed. HomeDrive.wsp is deployed, but how can I make it show up in the web part list?

Coordinator
Sep 19, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to try out my Homedrive web part in 2010, but you are not the first person to request this so I will try and install and update the code accordingly.

Please stay tuned and an updated version will appear shortly.

Kind Regards

Giles

Coordinator
Sep 19, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Scratch that, SamuelC has tried it out and has mentioned that it worked ok.

http://gileshhomedrive.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=218932

Thanks for your interest in the solution.  Out of interest, how are you using the web part?

Oct 7, 2010 at 2:52 PM

We are trying to use the webpart as a way for teachers to be able to view their network files from outside the district (i work for a k-12 school district). I would think if this is set up on our sharepoint server, that even with UNC names put in for the network drive names, it should still show up outside of our network.

I just can't figure out, in Sharepoint 2007, how to get the solution to show anywhere. I can't see it in my web parts, even though the solution is deployed.

Oct 20, 2010 at 5:36 PM

I was able to figure it out after clicking around for a while! thank you, gilesh and SamuelC!