Sharepoint 2010

Jul 9, 2010 at 3:28 PM

I'm new to SharePoint, and my school district (I'm one of the techs) just got licensing for it.

I saw this and was quick to download it and try it, but alas I don't know if I did something right.

Does this work with SP 2010? I installed the wsp and deployed the solution to http://sharepoint and I don't really know where to go from there, unless its not meant to work in 2010.

Does this have to be deployed to something specific, or can it be deployed to the overall site?

Sep 15, 2010 at 6:30 AM

The webpart does work on SharePoint 2010.

Once the webpart is added and installed to SharePoint, you would need to browse to Site Settings > Site Collection Administration >then activate "Home Drive (GilesH Projects)" > browse to the pages where you want to add the web part to and add it,

for example: click My Content > click Site Actions > click Edit Page > you will be placed in Edit mode- where you will be able to add web parts > click 'Add a Web Part' in the area of your choice > a new window-in-window will open displaying Categories > click GilesH Projects > click Add > click Stop Editing > on the newly created web part, you will see a little down arrow - click this and select Edit > enter your UNC Home Path or share on the Home Drive Configuration section of the web part configuration >click OK/Apply ...

and you are done adding the web part!

Hope this helps.

Regards.

SamuelC

Oct 20, 2010 at 5:36 PM

worked great! Thanks, SamuelC!